- There are some time where you want do display one line from a big paragraph appended with a ellipsis(…) symbol.
- CSS provides a property called text-overflow for this purpose.It has “ellipsis” or “clip“.
ellipsis : It adds “…” to the end of the line.
clip: It crops the paragraph and did not append anything.
- CSS properties white-space:nowrap , overflow:hidden and width:100% are required to use with text-overflow to see ellipsis to the end of the line.width can be any value.
- Example of a css class is shown below
- The below embedded jsfiddle shows the full example for ellipsis and clip ,